Residents of Queens, New York Apartments return after Fire Clean-Up
Residents of Queens, New York apartments returned back to their apartment buildings which caught fire after a gas explosion last week.
The residents started moving back into 11 of the 37 apartments which were vacated after the fire accident.
More than a dozen people were injured in the gas explosion which took place at 147-25 Sanford Avenue. Mr. Edgar Zaldumbide and his two year old daughter Melissa received serious burn injuries in this fire accident.
Several of the vacated residents still feel unsafe to go back in the apartments. However building manager told that rooms have been repaired and they comply with safety rules.
Ten apartments received extensive damage that could consume another month to be repaired. Other 10 apartments were less damaged and were fixed over the weekend.
Several residents have reported that their important documents and personal belongings were dumped into a dumpster as part of the building’s cleanup.
However the representative of the building’s management company told that only those items were thrown out which got contaminated in gas explosion resulting in this fire accident.
News Update by : New York Personal Injury Attorney