Two-Gallon Coke Responsible for Woman Death
A homely woman living in New Zealand named Natasha Harris, 30, mother of eight, died of a heart stroke in February 2010 at Invercargill. Woman died due to her habit of consuming two-gallon Coca-Cola a day, as the experts say. This deadly habit of consuming Coke might have resulted to death of that woman in New Zealand who drank two gallon Coke a day, the experts said.
As the Associated Press reports, Natasha Harris, who stay at home was mother of eight. She died in February 2010 due to a heart attack. She was just 30. Her partner Chris Hodgkinson evidenced that she drank around 2.1 to 2.6 gallons of soda a day.
In his statement Hodgkinson said, “The first thing she would perform in the morning was to have a drink of coke at the side of her bed and the last thing she would do at night was again to have another drink of coke. She was actually addicted to it.”
The site stated that Dr. Dan Mornin gave evidence that Harris was almost certainly suffering from hypokalemia, or low potassium, due to the result of her Coca-Cola habit.
Dr. Mornin also demonstrated that the toxic levels of Caffeine in the product might have also be part of the cause of Harris’ death.
Another big factor behind her death was that she smoked around 30 cigarettes a day and had a poor nutrition, her family witnessed.
According a local news outlet media, Natasha’s sister Raelene Finlayson said, “They didn’t live the best lives but Tasha always put those kids first. They never went without the intake of food or anything like that.”
Raelene added that she didn’t personally believe Coca-Cola to be responsible for her sister’s death.
She claimed that “Nobody forced Natasha to have those drinks and all that… We also all know that anything in a moderate quantity is ok.”
According to the AP in New Zealand, inquiries and investigations are normally held for unusual or unexplained deaths.
On the other hand, Coca-Cola said in a statement that they are confident that their products are safe.
Their statement says, “We have the same opinion with the information shared by the coroner’s office that the repulsively excessive intake of any food product, including water, over a short period of time along with insufficient consumption of necessary nutrients, and the failure to seek suitable medical intervention when required, can be noticeably indicative…”
“We believe that all eatables and drinks can have a place in a balanced and sensible diet, along with an active lifestyle which is also very essential.”