Truck Accident Lawyer Discusses Common Causes of Tractor Trailer Accidents
Truck accidents can cause severe injury or even fatality. Although many people envision truck accidents occurring at high speeds on a highway, they also occur on city streets. The speeds may be slower but the damage and injury can be significant particularly if the accident involves a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist. Trucks significantly outweigh cars and SUVs so the damage is often severe in those accidents as well. The weight of the trailer fully loaded makes the truck dangerous no matter the speed. Even an empty trailer has significant weight and can cause significant damage or injury in an accident.
Consider the following common causes of a truck accident that could have been prevented had the driver made better decisions.
- Inattentive driving such as driving and texting.
- Driver is tired because they have driven for too many hours against regulations.
- Driving at speeds above the speed limit.
- Driver makes an illegal or dangerous turn.
- Driver fails to stop in time.
- Improper braking causes the truck to lose control.
- Driver fails to drive appropriately in poor weather conditions.
- Load on the truck is not properly secured and part or all of the load falls off.
- Truck has not been properly maintained causing a mechanical failure that results in an accident.
Frekhtman & Associates are truck accident lawyers that have seen the negative results a truck accident can have. Injuries that require hospitalization result in medical bills that are often overwhelming for families. Missed work means less income to pay the bills and keep up with the rent. If you have been a victim of a truck accident contact us so we can help you receive the money you deserve. This will allow you to recover without worry.