(866) 288-9529

24/7 Free & Confidential Consultations


Family of Police Shooting Victim Filing Wrongful Death Claim

Family of Police Shooting Victim Filing Wrongful Death Claim

Family of Police Shooting Victim Filing Wrongful Death Claim

The family of a man who was fatally shot by the police during a raid in a Bronx apartment building is filing a wrongful death suit. The claim is being filed against the NYPD.

Mario Sanabria was shot by the police last December. His family is now suing the city for $150 million. The police shot the man at a raid at the wrong house.

Police are saying that the shooting was justified. The family is looking for justice.

The 69-year-old was killed after a no-knock raid that included 9 officers going inside and looking for guns and drugs. But, they had raided the wrong apartment.

The search warrant was not for Mario and no one with the name on the warrant lived at that apartment.

Police allege that Sanabria was holding a large knife.

So far, the NYPD and the city have not commented on the pending lawsuit.

If you’ve loved a loved one in a wrongful death situation, you could seek compensation for what happened and seek justice by filing a wrongful death claim. If you’ve got questions about your claim and want to talk to an experienced lawyer, call Frekhtman & Associates at (212) 222-1111.

Note for readers: This post has been derived from the use of secondary sources and the information provided has not been independently confirmed. Any inaccuracies will be swiftly corrected once they have been brought to the site’s attention and all requests to remove posts will be honored.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended to provide general information to our readers and to honor the victims of everyday tragedies. We do not wish to cause any disrespect and none of the information contained in this post should be construed to constitute legal or medical advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction and cases often turn on minor differences in fact. Do not rely exclusively on any of the information contained in this post and seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional, where necessary.