(866) 288-9529

24/7 Free & Confidential Consultations


Fire Causes Bank in Port Byron to Close

Fire Causes Bank in Port Byron to Close

In Port Byron, a bank will be closed for several days after a fire broke out in the building. The bank in questions was Savannah Bank, and the fire happened on Thursday evening.

Someone walking past the building noticed there was a fire and called 911 just before 7 at night. This information came from a Cayuga County 911 dispatcher. The bank is located at 126 Main Street.

Initial reports indicate that a chair was on fire inside of the bank and that the fire might have been caused by an electrical spark from a fixture above the chair.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes. It appears that no one was inside the building at the time of the fire and that no injuries have been reported.

Have you been badly injured in a fire? If so, you could receive financial compensation for the injuries if the fire was started by the negligent actions of another person or lack of safety measure being taken by a business. In order to receive compensation, you will need to file a personal injury claim. For claims in New York, contact Frekhtman & Associates today at (212) 222-1111.

Note for readers: This post has been derived from the use of secondary sources and the information provided has not been independently confirmed. Any inaccuracies will be swiftly corrected once they have been brought to the site’s attention and all requests to remove posts will be honored.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended to provide general information to our readers and to honor the victims of everyday tragedies. We do not wish to cause any disrespect and none of the information contained in this post should be construed to constitute legal or medical advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction and cases often turn on minor differences in fact. Do not rely exclusively on any of the information contained in this post and seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional, where necessary.