(866) 288-9529

24/7 Free & Confidential Consultations


Family of Late Driver Kevin Ward Jr. Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit

Family of Late Driver Kevin Ward Jr. Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit

Tony Stewart and the parents of Kevin Ward Jr. have settled a wrongful-death lawsuit that was filed by the family of Kevin Ward Jr. This lawsuit was against the former NASCAR driver for his role in the death of their son.

This incident happened on a dirt track in New York over three years ago.

The minor agreements of the lawsuit are still being worked out and have not been devolved.

The lawsuit was seeking damages and a jury trial had been set for May 7, but the judge in the case said it would be dismissed once procedures regarding Ward’s estate were finalized.

Pamela Ward, the mother of the victim, was not satisfied with the outcome.

The 20-year-old was killed during a sprint car race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York which is located 30 miles southeast of Rochester.

Did you lose a loved one to a tragic accident? Was the accident caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another person? If so, you could have a wrongful death claim. For help with a wrongful death claim in New York, you will need to contact an experienced lawyer in the state. We can help. Contact Frekhtman & Associates today at (212) 222-1111.

Note for readers: This post has been derived from the use of secondary sources and the information provided has not been independently confirmed. Any inaccuracies will be swiftly corrected once they have been brought to the site’s attention and all requests to remove posts will be honored.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended to provide general information to our readers and to honor the victims of everyday tragedies. We do not wish to cause any disrespect and none of the information contained in this post should be construed to constitute legal or medical advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction and cases often turn on minor differences in fact. Do not rely exclusively on any of the information contained in this post and seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional, where necessary.