(866) 288-9529

24/7 Free & Confidential Consultations


Cop Injured in Crash on Long Island Expressway

Cop Injured in Crash on Long Island Expressway


A police officer was injured in an accident on the Long Island Expressway. The accident happened last week. The officer was injured when his vehicle was hit, said the police.

The eastbound lane of the expressway was closed at the William Floyd Parkway because of the multi-vehicle crash that happened near Exit 69.

According to police, a Suffolk County police highway patrol officer was in his car at the time. He was blocking the left lane of the eastbound expressway in response to a one-car crash that had just happened. While in his car, a van hit the rear end of the vehicle. This incident happened at around 1:20 in the afternoon in Manorville.

The officer was taken to Long Island Medical Center for treatment. His injuries were not life-threatening.

The driver of the van was also taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

Have you been seriously injured in a car accident? If you have been in a car crash and it caused you serious injury, you could have a personal injury claim. You could seek financial compensation for your injuries and the impact they have had on your life. For help with a claim in New York, contact Frekhtman & Associates today at (212) 222-1111.

Note for readers: This post has been derived from the use of secondary sources and the information provided has not been independently confirmed. Any inaccuracies will be swiftly corrected once they have been brought to the site’s attention and all requests to remove posts will be honored.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended to provide general information to our readers and to honor the victims of everyday tragedies. We do not wish to cause any disrespect and none of the information contained in this post should be construed to constitute legal or medical advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction and cases often turn on minor differences in fact. Do not rely exclusively on any of the information contained in this post and seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional, where necessary.